I’m Back behind the computer screen and my oven ( as wild as usual). i am going to try to post once a week. and let s see what happen and if i ll deliver.
The kids are back to school and are settling nicely. I keep busy around the house, and i m discovering Dubai and starting to like it….it can be a very charming place.
This Week i’m on a Pear chocolate and almond Tart mood. i made it twice and this is why the pics are not the same! the textures and flavours complement each other, it s rich, dense and smooth at the same time. and all you can do is gobble it at once!
- 1 homemade “pate brisée “my recipe here
- 6-10 pears depend on their size
- 60gr sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- for the almond cream
- 150g almond meal or flour
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp pear syrup (in which you poached them)
For the Ganache
- 150 g semi sweet chocolate
- 4 tbsp whipping cream
- Poach the pears: peel them, cut them in two, add the sugar and cover with 1 cup of water and bring to boil until they are done.
- Préchauffer le four a 220 C / preheat the oven at 220C
- roll the dough on a tart pan, (line the pan with parchemin paper)
- Melt the chocolate and the cream on the microwave. stirr it every 30 sec until it s all smooth
- Mix, the melted butter the almonds, the sugar, the egg and the pear syrup
- Spread The chocolate on the unbaked crust, then the almond batter, watchout not to mix the two layers.
- Strain the pears then display them on the tart.
Bake for 20-30 mn
Enjoy……and yes the mouse is back!